This is some art I did for the Patreon website I am working on. I needed to post it somewhere on the net so I thought I might as well post it here for now.
Really this particular style does not show off the photo to its best advantage, but I wanted to include it anyway because I just love vintage photos so much.
I sepia toned it, added some mottling, and then fuzzed out the border.
Similar to yesterday’s, but using the “Chalk” brush with the gamma set to minimum and the brush shape squared out and given a bit more relief. Pattern for both brush orientation and size were “adaptive”.
This rendition was done in GIMPressionist, using the default brush, orientation at 180 with a 45 degree variation and distribution set to “flowing”, size set to 20-50 with orientation set to “adaptive”, brush stroke density at 50 with color selected by center of brush.
Similar to the rendition I did last week, I used a “Color Enhance” followed by “Oilify” at a setting of “25” and then sharpened it up just a touch with “Unsharp Mask”.
This rendition used the “Quick Sketch” filter (at “blur 200” setting) followed by “crosshatch” and “angled strokes” to give the feel of a drawing.